Monday, April 17, 2017

Unit 7 Reflection

Unit 7 was on the skeletal system, including types of bones and joints and structural aspects of bone. We first learned about some of the disorders of the bone, including degenerative ones like arthritis and rickets and structural ones like scoliosis and kyphosis. Then we moved on to bone remodeling, which explained the physical characteristics of bone as well as its function. Bone density is important because dense bones equates to a stronger body support system. Osteopororis is inevitable, but leading a healthy lifestyle can certainly slow bone loss down. One of the ways we keep our bones fresh and strong is through bone remodeling. Osteoclasts strip away bone tissue and replenishes the blood with calcium. Osteoblasts rebuild the bone by secreting collagen. 
Image result for osteoporosis
http://images.test.obesityhelp.com.s3.amazonaws.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/13819011_xl.jpg
Next we moved on to bone fractures and repair. Repairations include fibers reconnecting the bones and bone replacing cartilage. 
Image result for bone fractures
http://www.bonedisease.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Bone-fracture-causes-and-definition.png
The last sections was on joints. Joints can be classified by their mobility and how two bones are joined. Synarthroses are immovable joints, amphiarthroses have limited movement, and diarthroses hare filly movable joints. Structurally, there are fibrous, cartilagenous, and synovial joints. The typical joint you would think of is synovial synarthroses, such as he knee and elbow.

As for my new year's goals, I am running semi regularly with my friends now, but i still need to do my fill of resistance training. I just got a three month gym membership so hopefully I make the most out of that before summer starts! My diet is doing okay--I don't really think it's especially bad or great right now. I've cut junk food but I still like my carbs. 
20 Time is going smoothly, my project is essentially done but there's always more I can finess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment